Moonfolly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pretentious wikipedia??

2 posters

Go down

Pretentious wikipedia?? Empty Pretentious wikipedia??

Post  nintyninja Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:59 pm

let us write our very own moonfolly wikipedia page.

nintyninja
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pretentious wikipedia?? Empty Re: Pretentious wikipedia??

Post  Jigmeister Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:08 pm

If we stick it on last.fm they prolly wont rape us...
or uncyclopedia Smile
Jigmeister
Jigmeister
Admin

Location : A room full of musical tunes. Some rhyme, some ching, most of them are clockwork.

https://moonfolly.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  nintyninja Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:12 pm

yeh hehee. i meant just write it out here, i don't think we'd get away with posting anything in the den of the wikipedians.

nintyninja
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigmeister Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:14 pm

nintyninja wrote:yeh hehee. i meant just write it out here, i don't think we'd get away with posting anything in the den of the wikipedians.

lol right
i can't find the bit i wrote earlier...
Jigmeister
Jigmeister
Admin

Location : A room full of musical tunes. Some rhyme, some ching, most of them are clockwork.

Back to top Go down

Post  nintyninja Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:16 pm

wasn't it in the nickolaguli name discussion?

nintyninja
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigmeister Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:17 pm

"moonfolly is made up of the sounds "moo" "n" "foll" and "ee". Each of these was selected due to special connections with the band members. "moo" was selected due to the irony, it being a childish and innocent sound unlike the sound created by the band. "n" is half of the word "no" and a third of the word "not" giving it a negative feel to contrast with the "moo". "foll" was chosen due to the origami addiction Jamie found. Having experienced a youth synonymous with Mark Oliver Everett ("E" of "Eels"), musical protige Phillip chose the final sound.
Jigmeister
Jigmeister
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nintyninja Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:39 pm

Jigmeister wrote:"moonfolly is made up of the sounds "moo" "n" "foll" and "ee". Each of these was selected due to special connections with the band members. "moo" was selected due to the irony, it being a childish and innocent sound unlike the sound created by the band. "n" is half of the word "no" and a third of the word "not" giving it a negative feel to contrast with the "moo". "foll" was chosen due to the origami addiction Jamie found. Having experienced a youth synonymous with Mark Oliver Everett ("E" of "Eels"), musical protige Phillip chose the final sound.

let me try...

moonfolly was selected as the band name due to it's deep-rooted spiritual connotations, being an amalgamation of "moon" and "folly".
"Moon" was chosen to reflect the cosmic and astrological wonder of the band's mellow sound, and because of it's lyrical and honest undertones, influenced by aincient folk tales and legends in which the moon, and the lunar godess, played a key role. "folly" was selected to keep a perspective on the band's core belief in the fallability of mankind: it's capacity fo self deception and tendancy to overestimate itself. moonfolly, then, was a reflection of the human condition itself, of life the universe and everything, and above all, the mysterious and wise nature of the crescent moon, personified.

FUCK ME THAT TOOK AGES

nintyninja
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigmeister Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:42 pm

nintyninja wrote:
Jigmeister wrote:"moonfolly is made up of the sounds "moo" "n" "foll" and "ee". Each of these was selected due to special connections with the band members. "moo" was selected due to the irony, it being a childish and innocent sound unlike the sound created by the band. "n" is half of the word "no" and a third of the word "not" giving it a negative feel to contrast with the "moo". "foll" was chosen due to the origami addiction Jamie found. Having experienced a youth synonymous with Mark Oliver Everett ("E" of "Eels"), musical protige Phillip chose the final sound.

let me try...

moonfolly was selected as the band name due to it's deep-rooted spiritual connotations, being an amalgamation of "moon" and "folly".
"Moon" was chosen to reflect the cosmic and astrological wonder of the band's mellow sound, and because of it's lyrical and honest undertones, influenced by aincient folk tales and legends in which the moon, and the lunar godess, played a key role. "folly" was selected to keep a perspective on the band's core belief in the fallability of mankind: it's capacity fo self deception and tendancy to overestimate itself. moonfolly, then, was a reflection of the human condition itself, of life the universe and everything, and above all, the mysterious and wise nature of the crescent moon, personified.

FUCK ME THAT TOOK AGES

meh, 2 out of 5

loool it's epic Smile
Jigmeister
Jigmeister
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nintyninja Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:43 pm

2 of what out of 5?

nintyninja
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigmeister Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:45 pm

nintyninja wrote:2 of what out of 5?

it's a scoring system...
joke fail SadSadSad
Jigmeister
Jigmeister
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nintyninja Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:49 pm

so like 2/5 stars? awww. Sad

nintyninja
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigmeister Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:20 am

nintyninja wrote:so like 2/5 stars? awww. Sad
I'm preparing you for the world of harsh music critics we shall soon enter
Jigmeister
Jigmeister
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nintyninja Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:24 am

Jigmeister wrote:
nintyninja wrote:so like 2/5 stars? awww. Sad
I'm preparing you for the world of harsh music critics we shall soon enter

FDROFL

nintyninja
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum